In this exercise, you will record four journal entries in Excel. The four transactions you will use, all of which took place during 2016, are as follows: • February 4: Purchased $1,100 of supplies on account • February 12: Received $2,600 of Service Revenue • February 17: Paid $3,100 for Rent Expense
• February 27: Recorded an adjusting journal entry for Supplies Expense after determining that the value of remaining supplies is $350 (the company had no supplies prior to February)
1. Create a Blank Workbook and save the file in your Chapter 01 folder as: EA1-A2-JournalEntries-[YourName]
2. In row 1, for the first transaction enter the date (including the year) in column A, the debited account in column B, and the debited amount in column D.
3. Ensure that the format for the date in cell A1 is Short Date.
4. In row 2, for the first transaction enter the credited account in column C and its amount in column E
5. Enter an explanation for the first transaction in cell B3. 6. Record the second journal entry on rows 4–6 and the third on rows 7–9. 7. Enter the fourth transaction as described:
In this cell: Cell A10 Cell B10 Cell D10 Cell C11 Cell E11 Cell B12
Enter the data for the: Date of the fourth transaction Debited account Debited amount Credited account Credited amount
Explanation for the fourth transaction
8. Highlight all amounts within the four journal entries and apply the accounting number format with zero decimal places.
9. Adjust the width of columns A–E by double-clicking the right border of column E. 10. Adjust the column width of column B to equal 5.
11. Use a keyboard shortcut to italicize the explanations for the first and second journal entries and use the Ribbon to italicize the explanation for the third journal entry.
12. Copy the formatting in cell B9 and paste it to cell B12. 13. Set the print area to encompass only the first two journal entries. 14. Save and close the file.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.